Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Cream Cake

This is not the first cream cake I've covered on this blog. The other back in August from my Gourmet Cookbook. While that one was good, albeit on the dry side, this cream cake is outstanding and is one of my favorites from my Company's Coming Cakes book. The batter whips up in no time at all and it's a great cake when your looking for a delicious white cake.

Cream Cake
From Company's Coming Cakes by Jean Paré
Directions:
About this recipe: I love this cake for its simplicity and the surprisingly complex flavor that you end up with. I realize that it doesn't look like much, but trust me, it turns out so good.

There's nothing more complicated that adding your ingredients to a mixer and blending. The most intricate step involves alternately pouring in the dry and wet ingredients. Feel free to break it into more than just 5 parts--I typically do.

The resulting batter is quite thick but should spread out easily into your pan. It says to use a 9 inch square pan for this cake. I used my mini-flour bundt pans for fun.

The result: a moist, rich cake infused throughout with a delicate notes of vanilla and cream. It's not an overly sweet cake which makes it perfect for frosting. A nice buttercream frosting would be excellent. For a little extra something, add semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter for a chocolate chip cream cake.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?