Tuesday, September 11, 2007

 

The Remodel: Day 2 - The cabinets are hung

I'm happy to report that most of the cabinets are in their permanent place. The only one left to hang is the small cabinet that will go above the fridge. I will have almost twice the counter space I did before which I am very excited about. I also have more cabinet space, including 2 lazy Susan's--one in each corner. As a bonus, I've got at least a couple new outlets.

Photos from day 2:











Some of you may be wondering where my appliances are. With the limited space in my condo, these items have ended up in strange places. Here's a couple photos showing the fridge in my living room (very easy access, I have to say) and the stove on my balcony. The microwave's in my bedroom on top of a dresser. I'm getting a new dishwasher so that went out to the trash along with my vintage 1970s counter top and cabinets. :)




Comments:
Baking FooL! If I didn't know which apartment you were in I'd mistake you for BillyBob! Seriosuly though, have you thought of adding a backsplash to where your oven is going to go? You may need it depending on where you move the stove to (saves your wall).
 
Dear Xiquita,

The Baking Fool is 10 steps ahead of you...a granite tile back splash matching my granite counter tops will be installed during the remodel. I appreciate you feedback--thanks for looking out for me.

--The Baking Fool
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?