Friday, September 28, 2007

 

Remodel - Day 15 - The kitchen is done!

I decided to make you wait to see the final result because I felt like though things were done in each of the last 3 days, there wasn't much to show for it in the photos. So here, without further ado, is my new kitchen!

The faucet arches up nice and high and the new sink is deep which will give me ample room to wash cookie and baking sheets of all kinds. The faucet set features a hand held sprayer and a matching soap dispenser. I just ran the dishwasher for the first time last nice and my dishes came out looking shiny and new. Removing the cabinet that was above dishwasher and lowering the bar to counter top height has made my kitchen seem acres larger and much, much brighter.



The matching tile back splash really brings the look together and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. I especially love that the back splash tiles are set on the diagonal--you know what they say, "diamonds are a girls best friend". And how.



I'm glad I went with the lighter, natural looking wood cabinets to offset the dark floor, granite, and appliances. I'm also happy I went with the black appliances as opposed to the stainless steel that are so in vogue today. First of all, I think stainless gives the kitchen a cold, inhospitable look, exactly what I don't want, and secondly, you pay a premium for the stainless version of any appliance. I think the black looks just as nice, or better, than stainless.



Ah, the new corner! A joy to behold and a greater joy to use! Can you see my KitchenAid here in its happy new home?



I went ahead and splurged on the matching fridge after initially planning to just keep the old one for a while longer. I'm glad I did. I've always wanted a freezer drawer on the bottom and now my dream has come true.



This photo shows that my ceiling fan and light fixture made it back in after moving the electrical box to a more central location. From this side of my condo I'm not kidding when I tell you that my kitchen looks about 3 times bigger t



Here's a closer view of the completed back splash behind the counter I never had:



And just because you can't see it too well, a shot highlighting my new tile floor that looks like hardwood. I love it! Now that everything is done I'm surprised that I actually find that it looks a lot lighter in color than I expected.



I have to say this has been one of the most pleasant experiences of my entire life. If you have the means and a kitchen you'd like to remodel, I encourage you to do it. If you are in the Denver-metro area then I highly recommend Debruyne Custom Renovation for the job:

Dan Debruyne
9046 Morton Rd.
Niwot, CO 80503
303-579-6231

Thanks everyone for keeping tabs on the progress--it was so much fun to share with you all!

Comments:
The kitchen looks amazing, congratulations!
As for your appliances comment - I totally disagree - I have stainless steel appliances and they are beautiful and not "cold"! They are shiny and give my kitchen a sleek look. (take it back baking fool!)
I am glad that you didn't cheat yourself out of getting ALL new appliances - afterall, the almond stove and fridge would have looked simply awful with your snazy new digs!
When can I come over and cook dinner there?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?