Friday, September 21, 2007
The Remodel: Day 10 - Counter tops finished and some details
The overall look of the kitchen didn't change since yesterday, but that doesn't mean that things haven't been done. The counter was grouted with a lovely charcoal grey grout. I tried to take a closeup to show you both the grout and the grain and color of the marble.

Sometimes, it's the littlest things that can make all the difference. I don't have a photo showing the old stove like this, but due to a misplaced outlet for the stove, it always sat out from the edge of the counter a couple of inches. Here's the new stove showing the problem:

Today, the outlet was moved and the stove now sits like it should and it no longer sticks out:

This improvement I class along with the two recessed lights in the sofit--not a glamorous upgrade but one that I will enjoy every time I use the stove or turn the lights on. Here's another one--I live in a condo and there was a button on this wall in the kitchen to buzz people into the building. It hasn't worked since 1985, well before I even lived here. This hole will be patched and the buzz-in button will be gone!

Each cabinet has under mounted lighting that will illuminate my counter tops. The are working I just thought I'd take the picture with them off.

Here's another detail--the bullnose detailing along the edge of the counter tops.


Sometimes, it's the littlest things that can make all the difference. I don't have a photo showing the old stove like this, but due to a misplaced outlet for the stove, it always sat out from the edge of the counter a couple of inches. Here's the new stove showing the problem:

Today, the outlet was moved and the stove now sits like it should and it no longer sticks out:

This improvement I class along with the two recessed lights in the sofit--not a glamorous upgrade but one that I will enjoy every time I use the stove or turn the lights on. Here's another one--I live in a condo and there was a button on this wall in the kitchen to buzz people into the building. It hasn't worked since 1985, well before I even lived here. This hole will be patched and the buzz-in button will be gone!

Each cabinet has under mounted lighting that will illuminate my counter tops. The are working I just thought I'd take the picture with them off.

Here's another detail--the bullnose detailing along the edge of the counter tops.
