Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

Visit with the Family...and Lots of Baking

My absence was due to a visit with the family to meet my new niece. I'm very happy to report that she's cute, healthy, and pleasantly plump. It was a great visit and instead of eating out (mostly) we decided to eat in. The second afternoon was a barbecue at my bother and his wife's. My contribution was two loaves of zucchini cake and a zucchini chocolate bundt cake, two of my favorites.


The next day, as if anyone was even hungry after the delicious spread of ribs, tuna steaks, tofu skewers, homemade salsa (fire hot) made by my younger brother, fresh guacamole made by my sister in law, and corn (mmm...corn) we met at my mom's house for a hearty breakfast. A look at the table gives you an indication of the better-than-a-restaurant menu.



The menu featured orange juice, fresh coffee, scrambled eggs with my grandma's green peppers and cheese (that I made it to one d-licious breakfast burrito) made for me especially by my mom, tater tots, warm flour tortillas, bacon, blueberry yogurt pancakes, and the ever-tricky ricotta pancakes. I made the ricotta pancakes and this time I finally got it right. They were, indeed, quite fluffy and very delicious. My mom made her blueberry yogurt pancakes. I realize that when I'd made them for my blog that I didn't measure the yogurt correctly so that's why it was almost like biscuit dough. Anyhow, both turned out so well that they deserve a picture of their own:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?