Thursday, August 10, 2006
Oatmeal Banana Cupcakes
I am well enough to bake. I tried, while on my sick-bed, to think of the perfect desert for the sick person, but due to my utter lack of energy and lack of appetite, I finally realized there isn't one. In any case, I thought I'd start on my way to full recovery with something easy: cupcakes.
Oatmeal Banana Cupcakes
From Razzle Dazzle Recipes
About this recipe: Overall very easy to put together. I didn't have quite enough honey so I added a little hot water to the honey I had and called it even. Otherwise all was well as far as ingredients. The batter came together no problem and I divided it among paper lined cups. I got a total of 16 muffins out of this batch.
The result: a moist, fluffy muffin that had a nice sweetness and flavor from the honey and a pleasing crunch from the oats. I'm a little stuffed up so I didn't taste much banana but my roomie assures me that there was lots o'banana.
Oatmeal Banana Cupcakes

From Razzle Dazzle Recipes
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, bananas and honey; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients, stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3's full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
About this recipe: Overall very easy to put together. I didn't have quite enough honey so I added a little hot water to the honey I had and called it even. Otherwise all was well as far as ingredients. The batter came together no problem and I divided it among paper lined cups. I got a total of 16 muffins out of this batch.
The result: a moist, fluffy muffin that had a nice sweetness and flavor from the honey and a pleasing crunch from the oats. I'm a little stuffed up so I didn't taste much banana but my roomie assures me that there was lots o'banana.