Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Golden Butter Cupcakes
Mmmm...butter. Thought I'd throw in a yellow cake since I'm going to be featuring another chocolate cupcake tomorrow night. I swear to all that is sweet and good that I had planned to make the citrus butter cream frosting that the website pairs with these cupcakes--I even stopped at the store to get more powdered sugar--but they just look soooo tasty without it and I can't bring myself to pollute their golden tops with frosting.
As an aside: I've added a recipe index to the side bar on the site, just above the about me information. I hope it makes it easier to find something you'll enjoy.
Golden Butter Cupcakes
From Razzle Dazzle Recipes
About this recipe: another great find for bakers from beginner to expert. Such an easy method, no creaming even. I can't think of a way to screw this one up given that you have an electric mixer. Given enough arm strength, you could probably get away with beating this by hand.
I halved this recipe and got just enough batter to fill 12 regular sized muffin cups.
The result: an airy, lightly vanilla flavored yellow cake. Of course, it's very rich and buttery too. A more than decent, basic yellow cake recipe that can be used alone or as a layer in a more complicated layer cake. I can't wait to eat one with my cup of tea in the morning.
As an aside: I've added a recipe index to the side bar on the site, just above the about me information. I hope it makes it easier to find something you'll enjoy.
Golden Butter Cupcakes

From Razzle Dazzle Recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks) softened
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin-pan cups with fluted paper liners.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed (with heavy-duty mixer, use whisk attachment; otherwise, cupcakes will not rise properly when baked), mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add butter, milk, vanilla and eggs, and beat just until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into muffin-pan cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
About this recipe: another great find for bakers from beginner to expert. Such an easy method, no creaming even. I can't think of a way to screw this one up given that you have an electric mixer. Given enough arm strength, you could probably get away with beating this by hand.I halved this recipe and got just enough batter to fill 12 regular sized muffin cups.
The result: an airy, lightly vanilla flavored yellow cake. Of course, it's very rich and buttery too. A more than decent, basic yellow cake recipe that can be used alone or as a layer in a more complicated layer cake. I can't wait to eat one with my cup of tea in the morning.