Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

More About Lemon Cream Cupcakes and A Call For Recipes

Because it was so late by the time I was done last night, I completely forgot to talk about the lemon zest and lemon juice. Whenever I have a recipe that calls for x tablespoons of zest I always just zest one of whatever fruit is called for, figuring this is close enough. But, this time for accuracy, I decided to measure it out to see what I'm actually getting.

I found that 1 medium sized lemon gives you 1 tablespoon of zest. I used the zest of 2 lemons for this recipe. I juiced both lemons and got a total of about 5 tablespoons of juice from them, 4 of which I used in this recipe. I sipped on the left over juice while blogging realizing I've gone this far in life without every drinking unsweetened lemon juice. While the experience was fresh and tart (acidulous, some might say), it had a surprisingly sweet after taste which was very pleasant.

Anyhow, now you and I can bake confidently into the future knowing that 1 medium lemon = 1 tablespoon of lemon zest.

I'd also like to take this moment to put out a call for recipes from my readers. Since I have no idea how many readers I've got, the success of this will depend greatly on the more or less of them that I have. Do you have any dessert recipes you'd like to share? I pledge to try anything that is generously offered and to give the proper credit when blogging about it. Please don't send any secret family recipes if they are, well, secret. Just post a comment with your recipe or email me at bakingmaster1@yahoo.com.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?