Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Delicious Pancakes

Pancakes not a dessert, you say? Not the way I make them. My Christian Home Cook Book automatically opens to the page with this recipe on it. It's wrinkled and stained and a little dog eared bearing witness to how many times I've made these delicious morsels and how bad my memory is.

Delicious Pancakes
From the Christian Home Cook Book
Directions:
About this recipe: first things first, I always add a lot more sugar than the recipe calls for. When I make these, I usually halve the recipe (enough for 2 people) and put in at least two tablespoons of sugar. It makes for a better pancake. The rest of it can stay the same.

The most important thing: don't over mix this batter. Lumps are okay. You should stir the batter no more than 10 times around with a whisk or wooden spoon. How do you know you've done it right? You will see little bubbles in the batter. That's the baking powder doing it's job and will make these pancakes light and fluffy. You don't want to stir it so much that the bubbles are gone.

You don't need a griddle to make these pancakes, any old pan, preferably non-stick, will do. Grease it with butter or pam and cook them at a medium-high heat--I make mine at about 4 1/2 on my stove dial that goes up to 6. Cook for about 4 minutes on one side, just until the edges are cooked but the middle is still soft, flip, and cook a couple minutes on the other.

It's easy to make blueberry pancakes-- just add blueberries, fresh or frozen. My personal favorite addition: chocolate chips.

Comments:
MMMMMMMM Pancakes, I am hungry right now and chocolate chip pancakes sound muy delicioso!!!!I miss your pancakes, come to the COS and make me some
PLEASE!

BEE
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?